Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Startled


Last night, while nose deep against my computer screen in post academic hooplah, this gigantic moth-like swamp-thing flew out of nowhere and tried to enter my face.  Now, the summer season is winding down for exotic creatures to randomly attack me, but this particular bugger took me by complete surprise.  His wingspan was as wide as my face and he flew straight at my nose.  He got so close I could see the cones and rods of his eyes, and for a second, after freaking out at the fluttering, I had to smile.  I think he was wearing osh-kosh overalls.  It was nice to be visited by the likes of a creature I've never seen before and although my instinct was to use a fly swatter to whack it, it is still flying around my house quite ambitiously.  In my current mood, I couldn't decide who deserves this immediate space:  it or me?  It's good to practice tolerance every once in a while.

No comments: