Sunday, September 14, 2008

Being a cookie Monster!


I am very intentional about not bringing cookies into my home. Why? I become blue and like a muppet creature; it is easy for me to fall into a fit of rage, screaming, "mmmm. mmmm cookies. mmmm" while crumbs fall into the air. It is my understanding that our politically correct culture has now banned chocolate chip cookies from Sesame Street and monsters must now eat carrots in a fanatical rage, and to me, this is sad. Cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the often, are the universe's way of saying "it's chaos, but don't let too much of it matter. Here's a glass of milk. Enjoy." Yesterday, Casey had cookies at her gathering and I loved them. Not only were they chocolate chip, they also had M & M's in them. PBS made a mistake: Cookie Monster deserves more and more Double Stuff Oreos and Nestle Tollhouse surprises! Shame on censorship. If you're related to me, you can always send me baked goods.

No comments: