Monday, September 15, 2008

Saucony for Sucky knees

My first pair of running shoes were a $20 dollar pair of gray saucony kicks that were cheap and not purchased for status. In years to come, I'd try new running sneakers; Nikes, Adidas, Reeboks, New Balance and Asics, but I always return back to Saucony shoes. Why? They last. They're beyond comfortable, and the grooves on the souls make for better traction. I couldn't count how many sneakers I've used and abused over the years, nor how much money I've spent on my road hobby, but it is a lot. Trying to put 25 - 30 miles in a week does cause wear and tear on the ol' shoes, but Saucony athletics hold up well. I was thinking about my history with sneakers when I ran to my sister's yesterday in extreme heat, but also when I took baby for a walk last night. I am a better man because of these shoes and if I was more affluent, I would own more styles - especially a pair of camouflage retro Saucony that I've yet to find for a price I can handle. Regardless, I continue to claim them as the happiest shoes around and I recommend them for happy feet.

No comments: