Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meta-morphosis-analysis

I'm thinking about constants as I wake up. Yesterday I bought my mom wine-colored mums to look at in her knee recovery and I deliberately picked them for their color, but also because as Autumn arrives, mums add flavor to the world...mums for moms. Just when flowers begin to hibernate and reload for the winter, mums show themselves as a last reminder that times are changing.

I am pondering how such a cyclical change is good. In the metaphor of the caterpillar to butterfly, I am seeing that metamorphosis is something to keep an eye on. The monarchs are currently flying back to Mexico as the mums are blooming with pre-hibernal thoughts. In terms of my own life, I am in the chrysalis, redefining what I once knew and currently know, transforming to what I'll discover tomorrow. This human condition will be my blessing (notice I didn't say curse) until my pulse is no more and gives energy to a new earthly force.

Change is good. Nature is good. Cycles are good. The cyclical changes in nature equals happiness.

1 comment:

JGH said...

Good to find your blog (from doing some research on "Miss Twiggley's Tree")And a clip of The Sneetches - I hadn't thought about them in years!!