Friday, September 26, 2008

exhalation

Way back in the day, like 17 years ago, I read Terry McMillan's Waiting to Exhale. I thought of this yesterday when I admitted to the new professor we hired in our department that I feel like I'm breathing again knowing she's around. I told her, "Man, I know I have to hold my breath for all the stress yet to come in this process of higher education, but today I am breathing because you make sense to me."

phew.

The two of us planned a collaborative research project for next semester, an independent study, and the goal to publish our thinking together. It is wonderful to have another adolescent educator aboard the U.S.S. S.U. taking the helm as I mop the decks. I am feeling relieved to know I now have two English Education supporters pushing me forward.

Ah. Inhalation. Bring on the next adventure. Ahoy.

No comments: