Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If I had a dollar I would have a dream.

It is pretty remarkable what hope a dollar bill can instill. I heard a commercial singing "the dollar and a dream" slogan and I thought to myself, "hmm, it would be nice if I had a dollar." But then I thought, but I have so many dreams and it would be nice to have more dollars to carry them out: to create a school with individuals who share my vision, to set up the Mid York Writing Project, to buy groceries and to fix the zipper on my leather jacket now that winter is coming back. I then thought, hmmm, what if this blog could help me fulfill this dream and everyone who reads it sent me a dollar or spent a dollar to buy me a lottery ticket. Wouldn't they be helping me fulfill my dream? And what about Oprah? What if she sent me lots of dollars so I can make even more of my dreams come true. This went through my head while driving to work yesterday until I reached into my pocket and found pocket lint. I smiled. Sometimes reality is a whole lot better.

No comments: