Saturday, September 6, 2008

Choo Choo.


I took the train into NYC from Syracuse for the first time. It was a beautiful ride and I'm glad I sat on the side of the Hudson River. New York is like no other place on earth, and although London and Tokyo, Chicago and LA, try to be a big apple, New York has its own flare -- hands down. I feel fortunate to have experienced this city like I have. Last night, I met up with Sean Fitzgerald and Emily Newton for dinner and coffee and we walked the streets. Sean and I also had an eerie experience at Ground Zero looking at the reconstruction of what was once the World Trade Center. The pace of people rushing by was as if it was simply a site of workers. Seven years growing accustom, I guess. But, I keep thinking about the train ride in and how happy I was to zoom across the Hudson. It was a perfect way to enter the greatest city on Earth.

No comments: