Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Typical Dorky Bryan

Anyone who knows me recognizes I was born meaning well, but I have glimmers of complete stupidity. Although my moronic tendencies are embarrassing, I suppose they also put a smile on my face when I imagine the person I want to be and the man I usually am. This is an example of what a nincompoop I can be. I was asked to water the plants at work and began joking with members of the office, asking, "is this some sort of D.H. Lawrence novel where others get a kick out of me laboring in my chores. Is this like Lady Chatterly's Lover?" I then watered plants like I was a buff gardener being stalked by Lady Chatterly.

Now, use your imagination on this one and see me trying to look Rico Suave with a watering can by a large tree in the corner office. See me flexing and staring at the foliage like I'm Zoolander and then witness as a distinguished scholar and world famous researcher steps out of her office directly into me. Picture her face and my humiliation as she sees me impersonating a super model stud muffin watering plants. That was yesterday for me. I can't make this up. Whap.

2 comments:

Spenser Isdahl said...

Feeling awkward can be terribly humbling, but I think it's good every once in a while.

Kathie Maniaci said...

Oh boy....what a picture in my mind! But I feel sure that you exited your pose with humble grace!