Saturday, August 16, 2008

Because my brain is wired in a really weird way


Yesterday, I finally took a guided tour of Syracuse University and I learned of the kissing bench outside of the Hall of Languages.  Superstition says that anyone who sits and kisses on this bench will get married and live a complete life of happy togetherness.  Those who sit alone on the bench are destined for a life of solitude and loneliness.  A big part of me wanted to break away from the tour for a solo performance, but I avoided my urge.  Instead, I walked by it thinking that this superstition is optimistically romantic and a good legend to live with and by. Many people who live in Syracuse probably don't know about this love-bench and I'd love to be the one to whisper its secrets into their ears.  For sure, it is a seat that my sisters, Cynde and KC, and their husbands, Mike and Dave, need to visit one day.  Realizing my brain is wired in a really weird way, I now know I have a special gift to give them one day when I take them up to the hill and make them kiss like adolescent dogs in heat upon that Syracuse bench.  Now, I only need to set the date.

1 comment:

Kathie Maniaci said...

OK, I sat alone on this bench at least 3 or 4 times this past week. I was waiting for my husband to pick me up from working at TA Orientation. I can't believe I didn't see you!