Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stone Quarry Hill Art and BLTs


The hard work of several weeks sculpting cows at St. Vincent dePaul church was sold today at the Stone Quarry Hill Art Park in Cazenovia.  I've heard remarkable things about this park and how spiritual it is, but driving through this town almost every weekend of my childhood, never once introduced us to this park.  Why?  We didn't know it was there.  Stone Quarry Hill Art Park consists of 104 acres of land and four miles of hiking trails.  It also is one of the first outdoor, sculpture gardens in the United States.  What is most beautiful, however, is how high it sits and how nice it makes the sky line of Central New York appear.  Dorothy Riester, the owner of the park, was kind enough to purchase one of the Sudanese cows and at age 92, we were very delighted to make her company.  

Upon returning home, I stopped by my parents to pick up the dog and it was decided to eat BLTs - part two to a great day. I brought smoked turkey and lettuce and they provided bacon, toast, mayonnaise and tomatoes. To describe how awesome these tasted is impossible. The added ST to the BLT (Smoked Turkey) was delicious. I have to admit, yesterday was a perfect day.  It was a day of flavor, blue skies, remarkable cultures, great art and the brand of community I wish on everyone.

No comments: