Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Road to Happiness


This road is definitely not drawn to scale, but I'm using it symbolically at the opportunity to finally get back outside, on the pavement, to run. The temperature was about 35 degrees and after walking the dog a couple of miles I decided I could run to my sister's house and have her drive me home. I'm currently on spring break and IT FEELS SO AWESOME NOT TO BE ON CAMPUS EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF THE WEEK!!!.

So, this afternoon I hit the road and made my way under open sky, along trees and by houses. My knees hurt a little bit because of the cold (I've been running on a treadmill all winter and didn't realize my legs would feel a difference).

There is nothing like fresh air and space to move. It beats running in place on an indoor machine every time!

No comments: