Sunday, March 16, 2008

O'Happiness, Ye Shamrocks


What has come to be known to me as my last youthful Hoorah, Amy Partin and I traveled the perimeter of Ireland before settling at Cambridge University for Shakespeare studies. One of our stops was at the Giant's Causeway, a rock feature in Northern Ireland caused by what is assumed to be hot lava during a period of time before Kentucky teachers were funded to make such excursions.

Here, Amy and I came to the conclusion that we were completely irritated with our Australian travel mate we picked up in Dublin, and together, we bonded as sojourners of an American truth. Going through Limerick, the Bay of Dingle, Galway, and coming from Wales and the trout farms of England, stopping here to see this sight was amazing. We had with us our crazy romp in Bunduran, too, and we were very much alive.

In honor of St. Patty's Day, I post this experience as a moment in time that was beyond any words I can find to describe it. Such an occasion was miraculous, indeed.

No comments: