Monday, March 10, 2008

Andrew Gott is Here and he says HELLO.


The storms are done and Andrew Gott and his father, Tim, braved their way to the Northeast for college visits. They arrived last night at 8 o'clock, we ate dinner and then it was time for bed. A piece of Kentucky, both Brown and Western University, were represented at the table.

Andrew's a great human being. I could write more, but I'll let it stay simple. Before I drove home with all my stuff, he and I went to see the Chiefs play the Riverbats and discussed the world through its religions, our philosophies and where life will take us next. Both of us are the types of chaps that want to find meaning out of everything. Our ADD is never content with remaining calm.

Andrew brought some of his Astro-physics work with him and I can truly say I am happy I did not major in that field. Nope, my brain is not that of a scientist or mathematician. I thought the theory I've been reading lately was bad -- imagine trying to diagnose fractions of statistical data on universe star theory and light -- yes, people are paid to do that.

It was great seeing Andrew and his father again, and witnessing Baby, the dog, wanting to be loved by them. I remember looking at colleges myself and valued the opportunity to see new places. In some ways, I'm jealous of the doorway opening up for him, but know it is a beautiful time -- cave hopping that is.

No comments: