Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Budding Optimism


Running yesterday, I noticed several of the trees are beginning to bud. It's still freezing here, but the trees are as anxious for spring as I am (and the frog who came to my driveway the other night....cold, barely moving, and in need of a warm house - note: I nursed him for two minutes and thought, what the heck am I doing with a frog in my house in March? I put him outside in a tree).

Anyway, things are about to bloom, and as I've always said, Spring is optimistic...Summer a lie, Fall, a promise and winter, the truth. I am looking forward to optimism again and as I looked out the window last night, I loved seeing the black silhouettes of the budding trees against the blue sky of a setting sun.

Bring on the better days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that about the seasons Bryan. I think I agree. The plays are going down this week. They're really shaping up. Hope everything is going well up in the north country.

-hedgehog