Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Bunny, Bawk Bawk


I haven't celebrated Easter in years. I haven't celebrated Easter with my family in over a decade. But, to stick with the plan laid out by my niece this summer, I had Easter dinner at my house (with a Cadbury egg in every coffee cup). I baked a ham, made creamed potatoes and set up a mini-eatery for the nine guests. They began arriving around noon and stayed long enough to find themselves duck taped and on my linoleum floor -- true story. We chopped wood, watched NCAA basketball, played Dweebs, Geeks and Weirdos, slept on the couch, and ate ourselves silly. I suppose some, hmmmm....hmmmm, hint hint, my sisters....hmmmm, hmmmmm, drank themselves silly, too.
It felt right to have this ritual occur at my house and even though I live like a hobbit, we all managed to fit on top of one another quite nicely. It's sort of interesting that I have the smallest house of everyone in my family, yet my holiday seemed to have the biggest staying time of guests. Perhaps I can credit this to the wine and beer.

Happiness is family....for sure (and the cheesecake helps).

No comments: