Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ah, Sea Food


The closer you live to an ocean (in my case the Atlantic), the fresher the sea food, in this case scallops, shrimp and Mali Mali. Dr. Felicia McMahon of the Clay Cow project, took me to dinner last night and the food was delicious. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever had better, plumper scallops. Yum. I'm still tasting them.

I love good see food, and I am remembering a time when Judy and I visited my relatives in Long Island and my cousin and his now wife, Sue, took us to the Clam Shack outside of Amagansett. Mark had surfed all day and when we were eating our mussels, his sinuses released all the salt water out of his nose and it poured into his lap. I never knew such a thing occur but in surfer-world, it's par for the course. While I was stewing over the strangeness of his nostril faucet, I bit into a muddy mussel that was all sea dirt and I ended up spitting it out into my napkin: Black goo. Another reality from the sea that I wasn't privy, too.

Last night, though, there was no drudge or saltine waterfall, it was only excellent sea food. Such delicacy makes me happy.

No comments: