Saturday, January 5, 2008

To Be Happy, Eat Wegman's Subs


roast beef sub
Originally uploaded by bripc
Perhaps one of the best reasons for living in upstate, New York, is the Wegman's Grocery store chain. There's a European feel to their stores and they have the best delis and bakeries. Shopping at Winn Dixie and Krogers in the South is like shopping in a Port-o-Potty. I don't mind getting groceries at Wegmans, nor do I regret the nights where I pick up one of their roast beef subs with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard on a wheat roll. Even when I pull into their parking lot, hit black ice and slam into a car in front of me as she's cut off by another car, the damage is minor when biting into a Wegman's sub. The sandwhich a cure-all. It's a dinner to make anyone smile on a semi-bad day.

No comments: