Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do You Believe In Miracles?


My brother-in-law, Mike, is on cloud nine since Sunday's football game where the Giants won in overtime. My nephew, Dylan, said, "Everyone in Syracuse will hear him scream if they win the Super Bowl!"

Mike's followed the Giants as long as I've know him and like most fanatics, his Giants support is a religion full of rituals, superstitions and prayer.

Yesterday, Mike was happy about the Giants miraculous win in overtime, which made me happy for him about the Giants miraculous win in overtime, which resulted in happiness while I went to Price Chopper to get groceries, thinking about Mike and the Giants with their miraculous win. I can't say I watch the NFL because I don't. I will watch the Super Bowl this year for Mike, though -- unless, of course, I bring bad luck. In this case, I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it and I'll end up dead and buried in the snow. That wouldn't make me happy. That would make me dead and cold.

1 comment:

Spenser Isdahl said...

Everyone here in Indy is rooting for the Giants too; they've been waiting for someone to avenge the defeat of the Colts against the Patriots for some time now.