Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happiness is the Music of Adolescence


Chloe Regan, class of 2007, created an "art space" at the J. Graham Brown School for student artists, perfomers and audiences. During her art opening, Daniel Lobb, class of 2009, performed a song he wrote for all who attended. I've made an .mp3 of this song and when it pops up on my i-Tunes (I'm a random listener), I get happy.

Today, Daniel's song popped onto my i-Pod and I couldn't help but be happy. I decided he deserves kudos on the 2008 Happiness blog....not only for his musicianship, but in support of a fellow artist, Chloe, and in celebration of what great minds can do when they find one another. In this video, many Brown School students' art work is also show, as well as attendees in this performance.

For me, this song captures youth in an amazing way, especially the preciousness of "discovering" the beauty in the opposite sex. Perhaps I'll blog one day about the girls, young women, and women that caught my eye. If you're a feminist out there, I apologize for my sexist gaze, but for my male readers -- I think you'll understand. Daniel did and wrote this song

No comments: