Monday, January 21, 2008

In Preparation for MLK Day and What Louisville Taught Me Most.

Last year, senior A.J. Clark worked with his church on a performance to raise awareness of diabetes in the black community as a part of his senior culminating project at the J. Graham Brown School.  Magazine Street SDA sent several students to our school and each of them were amazingly spiritual and hardworking.  I have a huge place in my heart for Magazine Street students and their families, but also for the Brown School with a mission of diversity and encouraging the unique potential of every student.  Founded in 1972, the school's inception could only result after leaders, like Martin Luther King, guided the way.  A.J. and his partners created a program called "Miming for Jesus" and in their motions and movement, they let the gospel speak through them.  Here, the Magazine Street SDA student choir is featured.

Rewatching the video I shot last year makes me proud.  In my opinion, this exemplifies the universe in so many ways.  Those of you who know me can easily attest to the fact I've never been religious.  Yet, I've always been spiritual and that is why today, this short clip, and the hard work of students at the Brown School will always make me happy.  The community of Magazine Street Church is something everyone deserves to experience.  

I believe in so much more because of them.

No comments: