Thursday, February 7, 2008

This Out of Season Entry Makes Me Happy


Last Fall, post-apple picking, I adapted a blueberry crisp recipe to make a dessert. I actually made three trays and froze two. Basically, I baked apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. I then covered the apples with a vanilla cake mix, sprinkled it with butter, and baked it some more. It's not an apple dumpling, but it is a fast alternative.

Last night, around 8:30 p.m. when I got home, I ate apple crisp for dinner. I had two spoonfuls left and I nuked them, put them on top of vanilla ice cream and smiled myself into slumber.

It's February and I should be eating sweet tarts, but I needed to finish the Fall cuisine first. I no longer have apple crisp in my freezer and so I lay it to rest until next year. In the mean time, I can smile because, gosh darn it, yummmmmmmm.

No comments: