Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sumac Sunshine for an otherwise gray and brown day.


I've been training myself to find life and energy in the mundane. I began the habit while driving along ubiquitous highways where I tried to imagine what the world would look like if an artist on an acid-trip was given a paintbrush to color it. Ah, it would never happen, so we must look for the natural colors, instead.

I've become acute at spotting Sumac. I use it on holiday swags to add hibernal zest, but I prefer it as it peppers tan shades of branches over white snow. The red becomes hope for the Spring ahead and, like a cardinal bird, it splashes February with newfound optimism of the Crayola Box yet to come..

Thank you, Sumac, for making me happy after Mr. Groundhog reported, "Six More Weeks, You Scumbags!"

No comments: