Thursday, February 28, 2008

A few Steven Wright one-liners


I've been thinking a lot about the one liners of Steven Wright. Like haiku poetry, his simplicity is an art form and I can't get enough of him. What an awesome reality it is to know someone can make a career out of their life using brilliant, concise observations of the world. I post a few examples, but recognize that space wouldn't allow for his true genius.

I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.
-- Steven Wright

I was born by Caesarian section...but not so you'd notice. It's just that when
I leave a house, I go out through the window. -- Steven Wright

When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a closet for five
minutes without moving. He said it was elevator practice. -- Steven Wright

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...
"Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me
and keeps typing. -- Steven Wright

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I
said, "No, I made a few mistakes." -- Steven Wright

I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because that means it's
going to be up all night. -- Steven Wright

I intend to live forever - so far, so good. -- Steven Wright

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. -- Steven Wright

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -- Steven Wright

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. -- Steven Wright

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I like some of those one-liners. very cool

Anonymous said...

It feels good sometimes to laugh at the simple and innocent things. Not that the dirty jokes aren't funny too, but it feels good to be able to laugh and feel no guilt over doing so. Thanks for that Frog!!