Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happiness is Placing the Now into Perspective


A butterfly from my past (a.k.a. Kimmie) sent this poster today when I admitted a nervous breakdown to her via email. I want happiness, choose happiness, crave happiness, but get lost at times with the pursuit and ambition of my other wants/needs/desires. I've been revisiting the Greeks in my thoughts and the origin of happiness: to "hap" upon luck...which is not common. True happiness is a lucky occurrence if we can find it. The art is training ourselves in finding it in the moment that actually is. This is easier said than done, but I am trying and will continue to try. It is true that the first "plays" were split between comedy and tragedy. Both go hand in hand in a ying~yang fashion. Knowing both is the only way to find meaning in both. The pursuit is the goal.

No comments: