Saturday, February 2, 2008

Should ice storms make us happy?



When I arrived to work yesterday at 8 a.m., I thought something was odd. The weather was pretty iffy and traffic was driving very slow. There also was a lack of school buses on the road. Of course, when I arrived to work (I am out of coffee and I knew the office wasn't), I found out everything was closed down (except for SU -- we were interviewing).

The day went on and off again with rain, freezing rain and snow. It was rather nasty driving in the slush of things, but the trees were absolutely beautiful. Everything is covered in ice and the way night lights hit every branch almost made me slide off the road in awe. I was mesmerized by the lighting and not the lane I should have stayed in.

Ice can be rather awful, actually, and shoveling the driveway last night was heavy, if not impossible. The mixture of snow, sleet, ice and rain made for ridiculous lifting. Even so, it is beautiful in the trees -- sort of an arboreal popsicle land.

Happiness is in such moment.

No comments: