Thursday, May 15, 2008

Statistically, I haven't a clue!

I drove my family nuts.  I had nightmares.  I lost sleep and gave up weekends to study.  I did problems online.  I created my own study sheets.  I worked with study groups and went to tutors.  And I took every exam as a neurotic mess.  The first exam I got an A.  Have no clue how.  Second exam, I got a B-.  Then there was the final.  I was shooting for a C.  Somehow, I got an A- for the class, so I must have done something right.  Don't ask me how. She must of thrown out one of the questions or she gave me a lot of bonus points for always bothering her with my need for further explanations and/or always cracking jokes in class.  Humor was my coping mechanism.  Let's hope that the day for numbers is over.  I will befriend mathematicians and statisticians to help me cover the research my narrative mind doesn't wish to explore.  Let our mixed methods arrive from mixed minds, and not this mind when it gets mixed up with formulas, rules, and # crunching to claim truth.  Ah, I regress.  But, it is over for now.  I am happy for this.

No comments: