Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Pain, as Written from the Great One


I love my little sister, Casey. I have always loved her because she's one of the most special people in my life of yesteryear, my life right now, and my life yet to be lived. Those who know me recognize that my Casey stories trump all stories and that she's been my favorite character to write about all along. No one could imagine or dream the life, the obstacles, nor the experiences she's lived through.

Today, she's going through another one. With heart, prayers, joy, and sibling bliss, I will be thinking about her. She's now a mom, a wife, and a sister-in-law, but she's still the K. dot, C. dot, a.k.a., the pain, she's always been. Without her I wouldn't have such beautiful photographs and memories. She lives the medical world I avoid and for every time I disregard the need to see a doctor, it is mandatory that she sees one. On any given day, at any given time, all I have to do is think about Casey and the smile crosses me face. And this is the truth. I love you, Casey.

No comments: