Sunday, April 27, 2008

kaboom, sigh, rain - seasonal bliss


This isn't the midwest. Even so, thunderstorms come and the winds do odd things. It has been unseasonably warm here and sunny for over a week. It needed to break sometime and yesterday it finally did. I was running to my sister's when I saw the thunderstorm clouds forming. At first, they went west of here and over Lake Ontario, but then the winds shifted in other directions and the clouds moved in perpendicular fashion. The lower ones began moving east when the winds picked up, and the others moved North. For a second, I thought there was a potential for a tornado -- no such luck. Alice rubbed off on me.

It didn't happen. Instead, there was a few streaks of lightening and lots of fresh, April rain. Everything is booming with green -- a deep, earthly green of moisture, healthiness and fresh air. Yes, this is a continuation of a posting from a couple of days ago.

I don't mind rain as much as I used to.

No comments: