Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Long Way Gone


One of my holiday goals was to finish Ishmael Beah's memoir A Long Way Gone which I accomplished late on Christmas night. It amazes me to read the journey of individuals from other parts of the world who grow up in circumstances quite oppositional to the way we live in America. I am more in awe of how individuals, such as this author, are able to overcome traumatic childhoods to find hope in their lives. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it. It is a text that will be on my mind for a long time. Telling the story of Sierre Leone, Ishmael Beah's story is rather miraculous and hard to comprehend. In relation to our American lives, it puts our complaints into perspective that we live in a world of comfort and ease compared to conflict in some African countries.

1 comment:

obodubu said...

Hello every one my I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr obodubu monday a great spell caster for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my ex lover when he ended and turned back on me for quite a long time now (6 months ago) He performed a spell for me and within 48 hours after the spell had been cast I receive a text from my ex saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again in his life. I was surprised but later accepted him back again. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different one that want to contact a spell caster should happily contact Dr obodubu monday now on this email address:babadoctorobodubuspiritualhome@gmail.com or you can contact him through his whatsapp line +2349058774809