Thursday, July 3, 2008

Trying Not to Take Any Day for Granted

I go to school. I fish. I find something to eat. I complain about gas prices. I have stuff. More stuff. And even more stuff. I get a note that Travis Craft, class of 2005, is in Guam and will soon head to Iraq, and I stop to be thankful and grateful of those who've served, are serving and will serve in the American armies, air force and navy. Everyone has their thoughts on politics, world affairs and the right way for life to happen. Mine is simple. I know that my today is possible because of so many who made it possible in years past and present. Tomorrow relies on the commitment of those who serve to honor what they love. Happiness, as the Greeks noted during the Trojan war, is lucky. If we are happy, we are lucky and whereas America is driven by the pursuit of happiness, I applaud Travis and wish him my best.

No comments: