Monday, July 14, 2008

cats and dogs, hippos and possums

I made it into my house, yesterday, at exactly the right time because the sky opened up and it was a downpour for the next five hours. In truth, when I moved home to Syracuse, I expected wash outs a lot more than have actually occurred. My memory of CNY is rain 24/7, sort of like Ray Bradbury's ALL SUMMER IN A DAY. I actually loved yesterday's weather because I'd just finished my run, had indoor work to do and liked the fact that there wasn't much one could do outside. I suppose if it was this way for three straight days I wouldn't appreciate it so much, but looking at the grasses and trees afterwards, I know they feel refreshed. I think the earth was parched, however, because there weren't many puddles afterwards to play in. All the water was swallowed right up.

No comments: