Friday, July 11, 2008

The Tao of Winnie

Corresponding with Spenser Isdahl last night, I reminded myself of the Tao of Poo and the Te of Piglet, eastern philosophy that meets honey, bees and cartoon bears. That text, and the Te of Piglet, were two books I ordered from the BMG of books right after college where I paid a penny for several texts and then canceled my subscription before having to purchase full priced texts. I suppose the fact that I paid two cents to get my two cents on being playful and young in everyday life was extremely economical and thrifty. Both books were brilliant reads that have stayed with me 15 years after I read them. In short, Poo just is while Piglet is innocently happy. From both, one can find a centered way of being. In the end, don't all of us just want to "be" free?

No comments: