Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Super Grover and Other Odd Realities

In high school, I had one talent. I could do a Super Grover impersonation. It didn't get me anywhere. Dave Grover, on the other hand, got everywhere because he was the real Grover and as the class president and in the role of Captain Northstar (We were the CNS Northstars and Dave was our mascot) Dave shot positive energy in every direction he went.
Fast forward eighteen years and find Super Grover as an Occupational Therapist working at a Yoga Center (not too far off from his Yoda fetish). In a transitioning place in life (can you say Hello Class of 1990 thirty somethings transitioning in life) he's pushing his business into corporate workshops. Today, my role was to think about how to best teach Super Grover how to use Powerpoint and KeyNote. Over twenty years ago, Dave and I made videos of mad, psycho serial killers who destroyed young women with watermelons. Seriously. I think we were onto something back then, but time, age and education pushed us from what mattered most -- playing and having a good time. Here's to Dave, old friendships and the maxipads he once gave my mom (who would have preferred the chocolate).

No comments: