Monday, June 9, 2008

A small wish for European Traditions.

After mowing my lawn yesterday, I hopped on my bike and traveled to my sister's, and then to my parent's, only to return later as a pedaling madman. I love riding bike and I only wish that there were more trails available to cyclists and our culture was more geared towards bike-friendliness and reliability. Driving to pick up Chinese food with KC, she tried to hit a man on a bike saying they shouldn't be allowed on the road with real vehicles. I scolded her of course, but recognize why she'd be frustrated. Cyclists are unusual and not the roadway norm as you find in Europe and other places. Our culture is built on gas, so it brings me happiness to know I can travel locally without gas (well, besides the egg roll tooting on my trip back home).

No comments: