Friday, June 27, 2008

But it's Free

Dylan has been reading The Phantom by Dean Koontz with my sister and having nightmares because of it. Being the great Uncle that I am, I knew it was time for a library card and so I drove him a few towns over so he could "rent" Oddkins for a few weeks -- it was the only local library that had it. You've got to love public libraries, because everything is, like, so free. I mean movies, books on c.d., audio and of course books are all a part of the friendly environment of being public. I have no idea why there aren't lines of cheap-a&& Americans like myself fighting for the goods. But, alas, it seems to be territory less traveled by 2008 citizens of the United States.
I read ODDKINS when I was a junior in high school and I remembered the animation and story. Dylan's going into third grade and I think he'll like it. I hope the words feed his imagination for the emporium of magic that it is. Here's to free books!

No comments: