Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happiness is Beginning a New Game


I found Suzanne Somers' book, THE SEXY YEARS: Discover the hormone connection: The secret to fabulous sex, great health and vitality, for Women and Men in a pile of free books. It was still in its packaging! I put it in my bag and said, "I shall find the perfect person to send this book to" and inside the flap, I inscribed it with a universal goal -- for everyone who receives this text as a gift, they are to read it, then send it to someone new, but not until they write an inscription themselves. I want this text to make it as far as it can. If you happen to be one of the lucky ones, you will receive this book someday, somehow, and when you open it, you will feel like Charlie upon finding the Golden Ticket to Wonkaland. I'm off to the post office to mail it to its first recipient! Now, this is the way life should be lived: sending out random gifts and assigning a task of regifting while making a mark on the world. It's good for the soul, no?

2 comments:

Spenser Isdahl said...

That sounds awesome! I hope I get this book eventually!

Bryan Ripley Crandall said...

Actually, I'm thinking a 2009 resolution might be to send out a different item everyday of the year in a similar fashion. That's like 365 days of good karma going into the world. Of course, paying for postage is a hassle, but maybe I can figure out an alternative. Hmmm. I must think about this.