Monday, October 20, 2008

Hot, apple pie over vanilla ice cream

Yesterday was moderately productive. I took Baby for a walk (she refused to wear the leash), went for a six mile run, studied a lot, and went to the folks for meat and potatoes. Dad made a perfect apple pie (sorry, Casey, Manlius IS just 12 miles too far to drive on my hectic schedule) and it was absolutely delicious. He inspired me to go home, core a few Empires of my own, and to bake Apple Crisp which I can serve over vanilla ice cream. My mom doesn't believe in vanilla ice cream, so although dad's hot pie was close to nirvana, it fell just a little short. Dad has been doing the grocery shopping since mom's surgery, so blame for the lacking vanilla ice cream can't just fall on my peg-eg mom. Get with it, dad!

Either way, my stomach and taste buds grinned a bit, yesterday.

No comments: